Being disabled isn’t always easy, it’s very easy to look into others worlds these days and say, I wish my life was/Could be ……..
Theses day’s for people to compare themselves to others with online platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat. It’s not unnatural to want to be someone else we spend our childhoods dreaming of being or favourite superhero or Disney character so why would it be any different in adulthood.
It’s all depends on someone’s confidence, but we all do. Do it.
I will totally own that for me in the past and sometimes now I look at some super famous bloggers they have a beautifully Laid out blogs, amazing writing styles but that doesn’t mean I’m not good in my own way too, in the past, I could look at a popular blogger and think wow I’m really not cut out for this blogosphere. but there is room for everyone and I have to remember everything takes time.
In the past I’ve also compare myself to others general life’s their beautiful home, how it’s so easy to just get up and go out or on holiday with no worries, being disabled it’s sometimes no that easy and can take extra planning or it’s just not accessible.
Comparing myself to a popular blogger or someone isn’t fair on my self or my self confidence, they are not me and I’m not them, the only person I should be comparing myself to is myself!
I aim to be the best version of myself and that’s who I should be comparing myself to.
The affects of online comparison can have a massive affect on your mental health even if you don’t think it will.
- Comparing your weakness to someone’s strength will make you feel bad from the get go.
- You could end up resenting yourself of not having that so called ‘Great life’.
Breaking that habit of comparing yourself to others might hard, but can be totally done.
- Be more conscious of you and what your looking at.
- Know your own worth and your own accomplishments and what you’ve achieved.
- It’s ok not to be perfect no one is perfect, we’re all imperfect that’s what makes us wonderful. Plus it would be a boring world if we were all perfect.
- Lastly remember not everyone shows you their real lives online the influences of the world are payed to share the perfect version it takes a lot to set that up.
Have you ever compared yourself to others?? free to share in the comments with me and others as your not alone.